It was rumored recently that there will be an Assassin’s Creed game on the PlayStation Vita that is scheduled for release this Fall. Today, a leak proving that the game is real has surfaced on the internet with the title, Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation.
For the first time ever, a female assassin will be the main lead in Liberation named Aveline. Based on the leaked scan below, it looks like Aveline will have some modernized arsenals and will take place around the events in Assassin’s Creed III.
Here’s what we know so far about Liberation via the information leaked on NeoGaf:
- It’s out same day as AC3 (October 30)
- Location is New Orleans
- Female assassin named Aveline of mixed heritage
- Looks like same time period as AC3
- Ubisoft Sofia is developing
- Takes place between 1765-1780 in the period between the end of the French and Indian war
- One of the bullet points is that it’s “true AC gameplay”
- Will not connect to Desmond
- Will have “multiplayer specifically tailored to the Vita experience”
- “The game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo, who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a Templar”
- Aveline’s mentor is an escaped slave named Agate,leader of the assassins in New Orleans
- Wildlife like alligators “wait on the banks of the swamp or hide beneath murky waters”
- Liberation will also take players “across the Gulf into Mexico”