As reported earlier, Tru Blu Games is set to release Rugby Challenge for the PS Vita on June 27th. Some screenshots and additional information about the game have now been released.
Developed by NZ game studio Sidhe, the game will be marketed as Wallabies Rugby Challenge within Australia and Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge in Europe and other territories.
“We are excited to be able to bring the successful Rugby Challenge franchise to PlayStation Vita. It represents a quantum leap forward for hand-held gaming, delivering a console quality HD gaming experience in the palm of your hands,” said Managing Director, Sebastian Giompaolo. “We are especially looking forward to delivering a game into the hands of eager fans which utilises the touch screen capabilities of the world’s latest handheld system.”
Rugby Challenge on PlayStation Vita is packed with content, and features:
· Multiple game modes including Single Match, Competition and Multi Year Career Modes as well as extensive Help and Tutorial Mode options for players new to the game.
· 96 teams and 31 stadia, incorporating official team and competition licences for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, AU/NZ Super Rugby, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield.
· Utilisation of key PlayStation Vita capabilities including touch screen controls for gameplay (conversion kicks and lineouts), the rear touch panel for sprint and a full touch screen user interface.
· Online multiplayer capabilities allowing gamers to compete in 1 vs 1 head to head play and leaderboard competitions.
· Extensive customisation tools allowing users to shape the game to their own preferences by creating and customising new players, teams and competitions.
· Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks’ halfback Justin Marshall.
Check out the screenshots: