Due to the bad reception that RAGE received on the PC version last week, a lot were dismayed as one of the complaints are the bugs that makes it crash.
To make it all better for gamers who bought the game on the PC, Bethesda released today a patch that somewhat makes the game playable and feels smoother than it should be. The patch will be downloaded automatically for those who bought it on STEAM.
One of the added features that players will benefit from is the V-Sync, Texture Cache, and Anistropic Filter. Thanks to these new added features, the game should be looking much better.
Below are the full list of updates:
– Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic on Win 7 32-bit systems.
– Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers.
– Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not exposed because it may crash.
– Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync” and “anisotropic filter”
– Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.
– Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.
– Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.
– Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.
– Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.
– Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while in-game.