The big patch to Gran Turismo 5 is now available for download as soon as you play the game while connected on the PlayStation Network.
It’s time to go back and play Gran Turismo 5 as the new patch that was released today adds a lot of improvements and new stuff that gives pretty much all racing fans a reason to go back and play. One of the new highlights on this new patch is the the official support of the Logitech G25. In addition, the patch also allows the player to customize the weather at their own preference.
Below is the patch notes for the 2.0 Update. Don’t forget that a new DLC is set to release on the Store a week after the release of the patch. (Don’t forget to free up at least 1.2GB of data space!)
Gran Turismo 5 2.0 Patch is Now Out,
Interior view for all standard cars (they will not be as detailed as the premium car interiors).
– User control of weather change
– Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings
– Spec 2.0 opening movie
– Improved UI response and usability
– Replay fast forward/rewind (presumably for the replays and not the B-Spec mode
– Mid-race save feature for endurance races
– Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races)
– Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from gran-turismo.com (race info will be shown on a graph on your computer)
– Expanded Photo travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar)
– Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel
– Added 11 2011 model NASCAR cars
– Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sport
– Improved physics and AI
– Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel