Despite E3 2011 taking place nearly two weeks from now it’s odd that today Naughty Dog revealed a lot more information in regard to the multiplayer beta hitting as soon as late June. Uncharted 3 is sure stepping up the multiplayer aspect this time around. There is definitely a strategic way to play Uncharted 3 with the different new features from the new boosters to the power plays and power weapons.
Check out the interview below from IGN
When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta start?
If you have the voucher from Infamous 2 or a PlayStation Plus subscription, June 28th. If you’re what I like to call a “normie,” July 4th.
When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta end?
What’s the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta level cap?
Level 25, bro.
What modes are included in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
There are nine modes. Team Deathmatch (duh), 3-Team Deathmatch (three teams of two face off), Team Objective (complete the assigned goals), Free For All (kill everyone), Plunder (capture the treasure), High Stakes (gamble with your XP and cash), and three co-op modes I can’t tell you about yet but swear I will blow them out this week.
Which maps are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
There’s an airfield one and a French chateau. Both are multi-level with plenty to climb. They each pack dynamic events to keep the matches lively like attacking planes and collapsing structures. Check out our Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta map flythroughs to see the arenas.
What Uncharted 3 power plays are in the beta?
As touched on in the multiplayer reveal, Uncharted 3 packs power plays. These are one-minute events that’ll occur in blowouts to give the losing team a fighting chance (although the winning team can benefit, too). The Uncharted 3 multiplayer packs four Power Plays.
- Marked Man – A person on the winning team is marked, and the losing team gets 3 points if they kill him. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each kill and a special medal if the Marked Man doesn’t die.
- Cursed – The winning team sees all characters as skeletons and friendly fire is turned on. Each time the losing team gets a kill or the winning team kills one of its own, the losing team gets two points. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each member of the losing team killed.
- Exposed – The winning team’s location is revealed to the losing team. The winning team gets double cash for each losing team member killed.
- Double Damage – Losing team inflicts double damage. Winning team earns double cash for each kill.
What boosters are available in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
Boosters — equipable abilities that affect gameplay — are back in Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, but they’ve been revamped. When you choose one of these abilities and use it, you earn experience points for it. So, you’re leveling up your profile and your abilities individually when you play the game. The Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta is going to feature eight boosters spread over two slots.
Booster Slot 1 Options
- Come Here – See the opponent that killed you on your radar until he or she dies.
- Retaliation – Spawn with the Power Weapon you were killed by.
- Cloaked – Opponents won’t see you on the radar and you can’t be heard.
- Weapon Expert – Gives you the ability to add additional mods to you weapons.
Booster Slot 2 Options
- Back in the Saddle – Reduces your respawn time.
- Bargain – Decreases the cost of Medal Kickbacks. (Special powers you set before the game and have to earn in a match.)
- Power Hunter – See the location of Power Weapons.
- Daredevil – When you taunt over a defeated opponent, you get extra ammo.
What Medal Kickbacks are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
Before you start a match, you decide which Medal Kickback you want to use. When you’re out there on the battlefield and start earning medals, you start building toward your kickback. Get the amount of medals needed to use the kickback, and you can pull off the uber-maneuver.
- Smoke Bomb – You vanish in a puff of smoke.
- Speedy G – You get a speed boost.
- RPG!!! – You instantly spawn an RPG.
- Cluster Bomb – One grenade explodes into multiple grenades.
What guns are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
AK-47, G-Mal and the Dragon Sniper round out the long guns. Pistols are also included, and the above Medal Kickback confirms RPGs.
What Mods are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
For your long guns, there are two — clip size and Call Out (which shows the location of enemies). For the pistols, you can increase the total amount of ammo and the rate of fire for the Arm Micro.
What characters are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
If you choose to be a hero, you can be Nathan Drake, Sully or a treasure hunter. If you’re going to be a villain, you’re a pirate. However, remember that you can customize the hell out of these characters. Shirts, hats, sunglasses, and more will help you make your avatar your own.