IGN has released some new information regarding Madden NFL 12, and being as big of a football fan as I am I’m really looking forward to the newest installment in the Madden franchise, and this looks to be the most robust installment in the series.
New features include an eBay style bidding for free agents, a new tiered scouting system, improvements to Superstar mode, and much more. For the full list of released features read below. Madden NFL 12 is set to release on August 30th for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Wii, 3DS, and the Xbox 360.
For anything video game related stay tuned to Just Push Start, as we’ll update you when we receive more information.
- Dynamic Player Performance: Player ratings fluctuate based on consistency and confidence.
- Player Roles: More than 20 roles (Playoff Performer, Trench Warrior) affect player and team stats throughout the season.
- The Pre-Season Matters: Start with 75-player roster and need to make cuts each week. Playing pre-season games reveals player ratings.
- Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).
- Draft Class Improvements: Robust set of draftees built for 30 seasons of franchise. Teams draft based on their real tendencies.
- Free Agent Bidding Wars: eBay style bidding against other GMs creates intense, rapid-fire free agent period that takes only a few minutes to complete.
- Smarter General Managers: Better re-sign and cut logic. GMs make trades and sign free agents who fit their needs, with player roles factored in.
- Coaches Matter: Coaches have small positive and negative impact on how players perform on the field based on their style.
- Edit Any Player: Alter the ratings of any player — rookie, created player, or established veteran.
- Change Teams: In any offseason, change control of which teams you run in Franchise mode.
- Numerous Tweaks: Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.