Aside from finding clues for the cases that Phelps will be solving, he will have to show the clues that he finds and present it to a witness and interrogate them. While this may sound easy, certain lines in the game can be misleading, allowing players to not successfully solve the case.
On every case that the player will be solving, they will have to talk to a witness and listen to them. Based on their statement, players will have to decide whether they are telling the truth, lying or there’s a doubt in their statement. While there is Intuition Points that players can use to make it more easy, saving them for last or not using them at all will benefit the players at the latter part of the game.
Let’s go over some of the tips that will help you in successfully interrogating the NPCs in the game.
1. Look at their Emotions Since Team Bondi did a good job in the facial animations of the characters when talking, one of the ways to tell if they’re lying is based on their facial impressions. For a character who is lying, notice how they roll their eyes around. Their facial expressions are highly notable after giving their statement to you. Always focus on the eyes and the sound of their voices.
2. Accuse the Character of Lying If… they are telling a statement that is beyond the clues you gathered. Whenever the player accuses the character of lying, they must present evidence to prove it. Failing to show any evidence will lead into a lower ranking.
3. Believe that the character is telling the truth when… Their facial expressions is determined. Their eyes again are one of the ways to tell if they’re telling the truth. Instead of the character rolling their eyes, they will just look at Phelps in one direction. When you see that in a characters’ face when interrogating them, they’re telling the truth.
4. Use Intuition Points Wisely There will be cases in the game where it will be hard to determine whether they are lying or telling the truth. To make the life easier, use ntuition Points to eliminate the wrong answer or simply “Ask the Community”. When the player uses “Ask the Community”, the game will show the percentage of how many people picked which option to choose. The higher percentage means it’s right.
5. Restart if Needed If the player fails in responding correctly to the character, they can restart the game. Do this if the player only plans to play the game once. The options don’t change so players can fail once, restart, and choose another option until it’s right.L.A. Noire - Tips for a Successful Interrogation,