The new issue of Game Informer magazine is in stores now and has a ton of new information on Mass Effect 3 that will get the fans very excited.
For those who are wondering of the characters who will be with Commander Shepard, Game Informer has bits of the information.
Mass Effect 3 is due out later this year for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. Stay tuned near the release date for more information on Mass Effect 3.
Here’s a summary of all the information:
– Most, if not all, major characters will return in some form. There will be select major characters for squadmates, while other characters will be temporary squadmates for singular missions (think like Liara in Lair of the Shadow Broker). Others will return in other roles
– Because of the above, those ‘confirmed’ characters (Liara, Garrus, etc) are not confirmed as permiment squad members. It just says they are playabe to some extent, so they could be for singular missions.
– ‘Full scale war’ feel to the game, about as ‘dark’ as ME2, though they consider ME2 to be ‘sylised’ dark or whatever the hell that means, while ME3 will be ‘dark’ in the sense that there is a huge war and a sense of hopelessness.
– Some key plot element that will reveal why the Reapers can be defeated. Dont want to reveal it until the game is out. Don’t want the way the Reapers can be defeated obvious from the start. Want the progression of the game to give red herrings and a flow of information, so it starts hopeless but you slowly work out what needs to be done.
– As with the above, the reason TIM and Cerberus are after you is another plot element they want kept secret.
– Recruit the races woop woop. Most races dont want to join because they dont want to be ruined by the Reapers. Most races caught up in their own shit. EG: Visit Salarian homeworld, they’re stuck in a conflict regarding the Genophage. Quarians trying to take back their homeworld. Shepard must try and find a way to resolve these conflicts to get the best support.
– Solutions to the above wont be easy or obvious, and based on past choices may even be impossible.
– NG+ sound similar to ME2. Can continue playing, but can also ‘loop back around’ and do stuff over again.
– Shepard can roll, and can vault over obsticles without going into cover first. ‘Peak’ feature tweaked. Ladders for climbing up to higher areas. Notably bigger battlefields.
– Smarter AI that can ‘plan’ certain attacks on Shepard. BioWare feel that with the way ME2/ME3’s combat is they need to compete with all the other shooters in the market, so improvements have to be made.
– Game cinematics want to focus on the sense of scale, of both the Reapers and the war. Lots of big moments. Aforementioned Thresher Maw Vs. Reaper is an example.
– Vehicles will be similar to ME2; not built into the main path of the game, but may return in some form as extras.
– Scanning is back but ‘wont be at at all like ME2′.
– Dynamics of how choices effect the flow of the game more like the ending sequence of ME2 rather than the actual ME2 game, as in you’ll make choices and see the differences quicker (or so they’re promising). Quicker referencing of choices in the engine.
– People still don’t believe Shepard that the Reapers are coming. They attack New York, London, Japan and others first.
– Earth is basically the first place the Reapers lay the smack down too, but they’re spreading to other areas and shitting on everyone’s parade.
– New Normandy, which is really a stripped and altered Normandy 2 by the Alliance.
– Don’t feel that there is’missing out on content’ feel to the game if you happen to make decisions in previous games. No one play through necessarily ‘better’ than the other, just different.
– ME3 will be more difficult than ME2.
– BioWare want to make a Mass Effect MMO.