A month following the release of Dragon Age II on the consoles, Bioware released its first patch today that addresses the issues that a lot of players found on the game.
A lot of players complained on how Bioware took out the auto-attack in Dragon Age II and today, players can now enable it in the Options menu. In addition to the auto-attack feature, a lot has been fixed especially the quest glitches in the first two acts.
Below are the list of fixes that Bioware implemented in the new patch.
NOTE: Some plot fixes are retroactive, but not all. Players with plot-breaking
bugs may need to revert to an earlier save, particularly a save prior to
visiting the affected area during the current year in the game.
– The effects of various follower talents and item properties are now being
properly removed and re-applied when loading and saving.
– Anders’s default set of tactics will now activate Haste when appropriate.
– Aveline’s final armor upgrade is now available during “Favor and Fault.”
– Aveline’s Retaliation talent no longer imposes a delay when activated.
– The warrior’s Rally talent now functions as described.
– The rogue’s Lacerate talent now functions as described.
– Party members who are resurrected during a fight now rejoin combat properly.
– Hawke no longer gains random spells or talents after using the Maker’s Sigh
potion, then saving and reloading.
– Potions, poisons, grenades, and runes can now still be ordered from the Hawke
estate after the main campaign is complete.
– Various minor gameplay issues no longer occur.
QUESTS (SPOILER WARNING)
– “Duty” will now appear on the Chanter’s Board even if the player accepted
all of the board’s quests before installing the Exiled Prince premium content.
– The journal for “Duty” will now update if the player left the Docks (Night)
area immediately after killing the Flint Company mercenaries.
– In “Finders Keepers,” the door to Woodrow’s Warehouse will now open if the
player steals the location to the warehouse from the harbormaster’s office.
– In “Finders Keepers,” if the player leaves Woodrow’s Warehouse before finding
the crate, it is now possible to return to the warehouse to complete the quest.
– In “Herbalist’s Tasks,” the varterral’s heart is now available even if
the player killed the varterral before receiving the quest.
– Merrill no longer refers to the aftermath of “A New Path” before the plot
has been completed.
– Varric is no longer confused about which character Hawke has been romancing.
– Various minor story-scripting issues no longer occur.
– The options menu now includes auto-attack.
– Armor values now adjust correctly when changing shields.
– Choosing a target at close range is now easier.
– The rogue’s Goad and Armistice talents now target party members directly.
– Hawke no longer gains excessive coin and experience from rapidly and
repeatedly completing a single side quest.
– Icons for the cross and circle buttons now display correctly on PS3 systems
in certain regions of Asia where those buttons are reversed.
– Various technical changes should improve performance and limit crashes.