A new patch for the PC version of Homefront is now available for download via Steam.
As soon as you’re online with your Steam account, a patch will automatically download. The patch 1.0.3 is said to fix the known issues that plagued the game.
Below are the list of patch notes that KAOS Studios released today. Check out our Homefront review to see if we liked the game!
Ban list rework
· We now store two separate ban lists on servers; a local ban list, and a global ban list. The local ban list is for bans that originate on the server (via kickbans, etc). The global ban list is for bans that are initiated by a trusted ban list authority. The ban lists store the date of ban, the name of the admin who initiated the ban, the reason for the ban, and a URL field for any relevant ban evidence (demos etc).
New Feature – DEMO URL
· A DemoURL can now be specified in the server playlist, this is used to indicate the location of stored demo files to user’s in-game (see the multiplayer options screen). A good practice for server admins would be to share the demo folder via FTP, this would allow users to grab demos of games they starred in, and also (very importantly!) allow users and anti-cheat authorities to download evidence for cheat reporting. Incidentally, it is now possible to dump all users unique steamID’s from both in-game, and in-demos to the console or text file (this will make reporting abusive players and enforcing bans incredibly easy).
· RPG’s now deal additional damage to HMMWV’s.
· Lowered m200 and m110 sniper rifle damages. The only 1 shot possible is now headshots.
· Flak jacket now has a lower BP cost, and a slight effectiveness buff.
· Diablo damage adjusted.
· Weapon is taken out of ADS and accuracy decreases when jumping.
OPTIMIZATIONS & FIXES
· The Rhino drones weapon attachment was not being properly moved with the Rhino drone on dedicated servers, causing the rockets to fire incorrectly. This is now fixed.
· We have added some animation optimizations for large player games.
· Several UI related improvements were added for large player games.
· Fixed scaling text zooming on Battle Commander when opening up the battle chat or squad UI.
· Switched the buttons around on the load out rename confirmation dialog to better abide by conventions.
· Improved SLI/CrossFireX support.
· A few reported issues with WinXP 64 bit edition have been addressed.
· Improved menu navigation with analogue controls.
· User feedback for kicks and bans has been improved.
· The intermission lobby now displays clan tags.
· Text chat is now possible in the kill cam, spawn selection, and intermission lobby screens.
NEW SETTINGS & CONTROL OPTIONS
· EnableD3D10/11 is now accessible via the system settings menu.
· Mouse acceleration is now accessible via the controls menu.
· Mouse smoothing is now accessible via the controls menu.