The much awaited untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak tool for the iPad, iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G on the Windows platform is now available, thanks to GreenPois0n.
When Apple released 4.2.1 last year, a lot of users who are looking to jailbreak the new firmware are stucked on a tethered jailbreak method, meaning they have to re-jailbreak the device everytime it reboots. Thanks to the newly released GreenPois0n rc.52, users can now jailbreak the recent 4.2.1 firmware!
Below are the instructions that you can follow! It’s easy and if you jailbroke your device with GreenPois0n before, there shouldn’t be any problem!
1. Make sure that you have the latest iTunes installed on your computer.
2. Download GreenPois0n on the official website.
3. While connected on the computer, have the device off.
4. Make the device go to DFU mode.
5. Hit jailbreak, and you’re done!