An online update is now available to download for the PS3 version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
The online patch is expected to arrive on the Xbox 360 in the coming days while another update is expected for the PC version as well.
Here’s what to expect on the update:
* Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
* Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
* Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
* Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
* Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
* Slightly increased the AT4’s damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
* Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
* Increased the AT4’s splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
* Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
* Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
* Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
* Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
* Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
* Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
* Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
* Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
* Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
* Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
* Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
* Slightly increased the damage of the UH6