Square Enix have publicly revealed its top selling games released in 2009. Since Final Fantasy XIII was released in December of 2009 in Japan the game’s data is included and is on top.
From the company’s earnings report it said that over five of its titles sold over one million units in the fiscal year. Here is a brief rundown of Square Enix’s top sellers of 2009.
* Final Fantasy XIII: 5.55 million (1.85 JP, 1.79 NA, 1.77 EU, 0.14 Asia/other)
* Dragon Quest IX: 4.26 million (all Japan)
* Batman Arkham Asylum: 3.24 million (0.03 JP, 1.82 NA, 1.39 EU)
* Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: 1.49 million (0.54 JP, 0.75 NA, 0.20 EU)
* Dragon Quest VI: 1.29 million (all Japan)
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep sold 0.76 million units in Japan and Asia over the period. This is an impressive number considering it has yet to be released in Western markets. In addition, Dissidia Final Fantasy on PSP sold 0.82 million units over the period. The game now has a worldwide total of 1.81 million units.
The company has now seen its highest sales and operating income ever since the two companies merged in April 2003. This is all thanks to the highly popular RPG franchises of Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.