‘Chrono Trigger’ has always been one of the most beloved JRPGs of all time when it came out for the Super Nintendo back in the early ’90s. After getting a mobile version of the released recently, now Square Enix is releasing the game for PC owners to enjoy.
Chrono Trigger is being released on the Steam platform for the very first time and it’s available now. This is a surprise announcement since Square Enix did not have a prior announcement for it. More official details are posted below as seen in the press release.
- Two Extra Dungeons – Includes the mysterious “Dimensional Vortex” dungeon and “Lost Sanctum” dungeon that first appeared in the Nintendo DS® and mobile releases
- CHRONO TRIGGER Limited Edition – Those that purchase the STEAM version until April 2, 2018 will receive the following digital bonuses for free:
- An enchanting and specially edited digital song file containing a medley of five songs: “Far Off Promise,” “Wind Scene,” “Battle with Magus,” “Corridors of Time,” and “Chrono Trigger”
- Composer Yasunori Mitsuda’s digital liner notes
- A collection of six stunning PC wallpapers in varying sizes
- Updated Graphics and Sound – While keeping the atmosphere of the original, this version features optimized visuals designed for modern PCs and a re-recorded soundtrack under the supervision of original composer Yasunori Mitsuda.
- Updated Controls – Optimized PC experience that supports both controller and mouse/keyboard configuration
- New Autosave Feature – Automatically saves while still featuring the original title’s Save Point function
Thanks to the PC release, the Android and iOS versions are getting a big update. This includes some graphical and sound improvements as well as some additional cloud save features too. Bear in mind, the PC version still resembles the SNES classic so it’s not a total remake like the recently released Secret of Mana.