Epic Games’ Fortnite has become one of the most popular video game out these days as it has quickly amassed millions of players worldwide. Even though the game is available to play on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One and Xbox One X, it still maxes out at only 30fps currently.
Well Epic Games posted on a big blog post several updates in the future that the developer wants to implement in more features in Fortnite. This includes a 60fps mode not only for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X owners, but those that own the original console iterations too.
They posted the following message. “60 FPS ON CONSOLE: Later this month we plan to add an optional 60 FPS mode for Battle Royale on consoles (PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X). This 60 FPS mode is tuned for each console to maximize frame rate while minimizing loss of visual quality.”
Due to the game’s graphics, the visuals should not look bad even when bumping up the frame rate to 60fps. This is thanks to its cartoon-ish look which differs from the more realistic 3D look that PUBG goes for.
In order to please players worldwide, Epic Games is also going to introduce more online servers. They have added West Coast USA Xbox servers as well as will add Brazilian Xbox servers very soon. This is to ensure matchmaking is fast and your connection should be more smooth and stable as a result.
Epic Games is also going to add more features and limited game modes to make things fun. You can read about the details posted below.
- Improved building controls on console
- Team Communication outside of voice chat
- Ability to re-queue from the death screen
- Ability to preemptively hold down the search button while approaching a searchable object
- Display of how much ammo is loaded into a gun on the weapon widget
- Larger map w/ zoom
- Blitz Mode (shorter matches!)
- Drop into the first circle
- Generally less time between circles
- Team sizes in between 50v50 and squads
- 50v50 v2
- Closer to the 50v50 Trailer experience
- Split to start
- Converge on Battle
- Bus for each team
- See all your squadmates on the map
- More supply drops
If you want to read about all of the future updates coming to Fortnite, you can read it by clicking here. Fortnite is by far one of the best and most fun online multiplayer games you can play today. Not to mention it’s free to play and download too!