Borderlands 2 – Legendary Item and XP Farming Guide
Quick Farming Guide
The following guides just give you an idea of how I was doing each area. I suggest adjusting each fight to your own needs, like if you don’t want a certain pistol, then don’t waste the time doing it. To help you figure out what you want and don’t want, I listed notable enemies in each video and what item they’re known for dropping.
- Black Spider Queen (rare spawn) – Nukem
- Mobley / Gettle – Veruc
- Hodunks (based off alliance choice) – Slagga
- Mick Zaford (based off alliance choice) – Maggie
For locations, please check the videos below.
- Vermivorous the Invincible (not shown, requires Ultimate Badass to evolve) – Legendary Class Mod (Assassin, Solider, Siren, Gunzerker), Norfleet, Nasty Surprise, Head Mod, possible others
- Ultimate Badass Varkid (not shown, requires Super Badass to Evolve) – Quasar
- Chubby Varkid (not shown, randomly spawns from a pod) – Bunny, Whisky Tango Foxtrot
- Blue (not shown) – Fabled Tortoise
- Badass Creeper – Venture Longbow, Blockhead
Sadly the Ultimate Badass Varkid, Chubby enemies and Verm are all random spawn bosses that have a higher rate with more people. Sadly I didn’t happen to summon any of them, but it is possible to summon an Ultimate Badass on your own. The only real key is to kill Varkids that stop doing stuff after a few minutes. Also Blue isn’t pictured, but he’s in a cave to the east of where you start. His shield removes your ability to run, which I frankly think is useless, so I didn’t show him. To give you an idea how I was going about this, check out the video below.
Also if you want to get an idea of what Vermivorous the Invincible is like, you can find my first fight against him below. Be warned that he VERY rarely drops anything useful, so it’s hardly worth the effort.
This was not my best run of The Bunker, but basically don’t kill his turrets. So long as they’re there, he won’t fly away, which makes him easier to kill quickly. After you get him to zero health, he will move to the area in the middle, which you should just open fire. Sooner or later he will be open for a final hit, which will ultimately kill him. If you would like to see my poor run against him, you can find the video below.
Vault of the Warrior
Unlike most enemies in Borderlands 2, The Warrior seems to have a chance of dropping just about anything. While the Conference Call is his staple item, many others have reported various golden weapons dropping from him. In my personal experience, I’ve seen him drop the Vlad, Gunnerang, Sledge’s Shotgun, and maybe even more I never got. Unlike most enemies, here are some useful tips to actually fight The Warrior.
- You can walk to his vault on normal and then change it to True Vault to get inside without dealing with really strong enemies.
- The Warrior as I’ve stated many times, won’t attack if you do enough damage fast enough.
- If you stand away from his body, you have a lower chance of loot going under him.
- In the event you find something good under his body, there is a way to actually obtain that item. Simply exit out of the area and then walk to his vault again. Unlike White items, rare items don’t seem to disappear, so you pretty much have unlimited time to get back there. Once you reenter the vault, his body will be gone and you can loot the item. However, leaving the game for any reason will make the item disappear and respawn the boss.
- Some claim you can farm his body by just pushing the button during story.
Finally if you would like to see me fighting The Warrior, you can see that and the hidden badass challenge in the video below.
- Terramorphous the Invincible – Breath of Terra, Hide of Terra, Slayer of Terra, Teeth of Terra, Blood of Terra, Pitchfork, Head Mod, Misc
One of the things that makes Terramorphous the Invincible cool, is the fact that he can drop 4 completely unique weapons. These are all pretty rare and useless, but the Hide / Blood of Terra is rumored to help Varkids evolve. In either case, you can check me out soloing him below.
[Editors Note: Some fights / bosses require certain missions or conditions to be fulfilled. Make sure you’ve completed these before trying to get any of these items or you might be wasting time.]