Raiding the Gang Hideouts in Red Dead Redemption
Gang Hideouts in Red Dead Redemption are small towns and forts that are infested with hostile criminals. Clearing these hideouts gives Marston a reward and a chance to achieving that 100% completion.
There are a total of seven hideouts in Red Dead Redemption, not including the PS3-exclusive Solomon’s Folly Hideout. These hideouts are scattered throughout New Austin and raiding these places is very dangerous. Before attempting to clear the hideouts, make sure Marston is prepared and loaded with ammunition.
In this guide, we will tell you the locations of the Gang Hideouts via the Map below. We will list the missions and rewards that players can earn. Let’s get started. (Click the map to enlarge)
– Meet the rancher near the rock
– Kill the Walton Gang
– Rescue the rancher’s daughter in the bedroom
Reward: Volcanic Pistol
Tips: While raiding the hideout with the rancher, make sure not to let him die. On your way to rescuing his daughter, do not allow the gang members to kill her or else the mission will fail.
– Meet the Rancher near the canyon fork
– Put down the Bollard Gang on the way to the basin.
– Take out the Bollard Gang in the basin.
– Clear the Bollard Gang on the path to the canyon exit.
Reward: Sawed-off Shotgun
Tips: Don’t kill any of the Rancher’s cows. Letting the Rancher die will end the mission.
– Free the captured Sheriff.
– Kill the criminals in the town.
– Kill the criminals around the mansion.
Reward: Winchester Repeater
Tips: Don’t kill the Sheriff.
– Approach the General to offer your assistance.
– Help the Mexican Army by burning your targets.
Reward: Henry Repeater
Tips: Don’t kill any of the Mexican soldiers or the General. After clearing the hideout, return to the General to claim your reward.
– Go and meet the gunslinger by the wall
– Climb the Wall
– Open the doors to the fort from the inside.
– Kill the criminals in the fort.
– Kill the Bandito gang leaders.
– Go to the treasure room.
Reward: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Tips: Search every room to have a chance in opening some chests in the game.
– Clear the town of criminals.
– Rescue the deputy by killing the Gang Leader.
Reward: Double Action Revolver, 200 Honor points.
Tips:If you fail to save the deputy, you’re dead.
– Join the injured stranger.
– Rescue Floyd.
– Go to the mine entrance.
– Open the treasure crate.
– Go to the mine exit.
Reward: Springfield Rifle, Treasure Hunter Outfit Scrap #5
Tips:Make sure you don’t let Floyd die or else you will fail the mission.
SOLOMON’s FOLLY – PS3 ONLY
– Meet the Sheriff near the rock.
– Put down the Walton Gang.
– Return the wagon to the bank in Armadillo.
– Talk to the Banker.
Reward: Honor Points